Hotmail is one of the oldest web based email service provider in the world. After enjoying a monopoly in the business, the service provider was changed to Outlook.com. Since then, many different features have been introduced on the site so as to compete with the other service providers. Some of the features that you will come across are SkyDrive that allows you to edit and save documents online.
You will also get to enjoy Instant messaging, Xbox Live and any other Microsoft powered services. To get access to all these features you will have to log in using a very easy process.
Procedure to Login Hotmail
- Launch the official website; to log in, you will have to access the Hotmail home page via the link www.hotmail.com. Since Hotmail was changed to Outlook, the Outlook sign page will open. You will, however, sign in using your old hotmail log in details.
- Enter your log in details; input your email address and the password and click on log in. If you are using your own computer, then you can check the ‘keep me signed in’ box. This will allow you to automatically access your email home page without logging in.
- Forgot password; most people tend to forget their log in details especially the password. If that is the case with you, you will be able to reset the password through a very simple process. Click on ‘Can’t access my account’ you will be directed to a new page. Once the page opens, choose ‘I forgot my password’ from the option provided and click next. You will be directed to a page where you will be prompted to verify your identity. There are different options provided, including text and email. You will receive a verification code that you will use to reset the password. If you don’t have the option of SMS or Email, you may choose ‘I don’t have any of these’ and you will be required to fill in questionnaire to verify your account. Once you receive the code, enter it and reset your password.
- Sign in using one single code; this allows you to log in to your account using a code only. This code is usually sent to you upon request. The only thing you ought to know is that the code can only be used once.
- 2-step verification process; it is now possible for you to add another layer of protection to your account. In the 2 step verification process, you will log in to your account using your password and an extra code that will be sent to you every time you use an unknown computer. To set up the process, you will be required to log in to your account and go to security page settings. Choose the 2 step verification process and turn it on. You will have to provide your phone number as it will be used to send the verification codes. Once you turn it on, follow the instructions that follow.
Why use Hotmail?
Hotmail is one of the leading email service providers in the world today. The Microsoft owned web based service provider has been updated and now it offers amazing features to its customers. With Hotmail, you will be able to send and receive emails with ease. You will also get to enjoy instant messaging, Xbox Live, SkyDrive and all other Microsoft powered services. You are however required to create an account with Hotmail before you can access these and many other features.
Hotmail Sign up to create an Account
- Launch the official website; you will be required to open the home page via www.hotmail.com. Don’t be surprised when the Outlook sign in page opens. Hotmail was changed to Outlook when Microsoft acquired it. Click on create account option that is located at the bottom part of the page. You will be directed to a new page where you will be required to provide the required information.
- Enter your names; you will input your first and last names. These are the names that will be seen by other people.
- Choose your username; you have to be careful when choosing the username as it will double up as your email address. You have been given the liberty of using other email addresses as your Hotmail address. However, if you have ever signed in to windows operated PC, tablet or Phone, you will use the information to sign in to your hotmail.
- Password; this is one of the most important aspects of the process. This is because it will protect your account from hackers. You are required to choose a password that has a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters. Re-enter your password to confirm it.
- Personal information; you will require to enter your country of origin. Your birth date is of utmost importance and so you will have to provide it. You will also be required to specify your gender.
- You will be required to provide your contact information. This will be used to protect your account. Enter your phone number starting with your country code.
- Enter the characters; to prove that you are a real person you will be required to enter the characters provided on the site. You may choose to listen as the words are spelled out or simply request a new set of characters.
- Check the promotional box; if you are interested in receiving any promotional offers from Microsoft, you will be required to check the box provided. You however have the option of unsubscribing from the services anytime you want.
- Create an account; by clicking on ‘create your account’ you will be agreeing to the terms and conditions of Microsoft.